Competency Assessment Software
SkillStation reflects the range of assessment methods used in the ‘real world’ to determine competence.
Determining competence can be achieved in various ways using a variety of assessment tools.
SkillStation allows you to assess competence in a realistic way by providing multiple assessment methods to assess a particular activity/skill e.g.
- Course attended (25% weighting)
- Quiz to test knowledge (25% weighting)
- Observation to determine on-the-job capability (50% weighting)
The following assessment methods can be recorded, combined and weighted to indicate which assessment activity carries more value/importance:
- Practical (on-the-job) Assessment
- Quiz, Examination or Questionnaire
- Monitoring during Training Course Attendance
- Project Submission - a substantive piece of work demonstrating practical application and knowledge
Skills are configured to show not-competent ratings for users who have not reached a specified target level.
Note: Regardless of the method used to assess competence, it is recommended that your organisation uses a recognised and agreed grading criteria to ensure consistency across the organisation (see Competency Model).